My photo
A very warm welcome to my teeny, tiny part of the huge world of blogging. This is where I share my passion for making hand made greeting cards. So - why "Always with a Heart"? Well this is for two reasons. Firstly, it is because every card I produce carries a heart on it somewhere. This can be big and bold or small and almost hidden - the fun sometimes is just trying to find it! Secondly it is because I put my heart into everything I produce. I hope that any visitors enjoy seeing what I post. If you drop by then please leave me a comment so that I know you called. It would be nice to know that you have found my heart in what I do.

Tuesday 21 February 2017

THE WANDERER RETURNS .. .. AGAIN

Hi Everyone

Happy Tuesday!

I hope your week is going well.

Mine feels like it only started today because the weekend saw Mr Heart and I head off to CHSI Stitches trade fayre in Birmingham and have a couple of nights away into the bargain.

At least I am managing to keep the new year's resolution of playing as hard as I work .. .. even if the Christmas card making one is falling by the wayside!!   LOL!!

I got to meet up with some great new suppliers at the exhibition who I am hoping to work with in the near future and was also invited to the champagne reception and presentation of the British Craft Awards for 2017. Such a lovely happy event to be part of .. .. I loved every minute!

Regular visitors to my blog might remember that I was nominated for the "Papercraft Designer of the Year" award.  One that I was no way expecting to win because I was the only "small fry" bod on the list .. .. but how special to have my name alongside so many inspirational crafting geniuses (shown below in the order they appeared on the voting list .. .. otherwise I definitely wouldn't have put my name there)

Stephanie Weightman
Anne-Marie Catterall
Julie Gibbs  (that's my Sunday name)
Barbara Gray
Joanna Sheen
Sheena Douglass
Sara Davies
Leonie Pujol
Sue Wilson
Tim Holtz

The award was won by Sara Davies who you will all know from Crafter's Companion.  I don't know if you know, but she was made an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list last year for services to the economy .. .. .. I am guessing that means that us crafters are doing a good job at keeping the country afloat with all our crafty spending LOL!!

I also got to catch up with Hayley and Rebecca from Quick Cards Made Easy and Sienna from Cardmaking and Papercraft which was really nice.

So an exciting time has definitely been had and my fingers have been itching to get crafting after seeing all the new "up and coming" crafty goodies that are coming our way!

My head is buzzing with things I want to try .. .. but so far since I have got home it has been admin work all the way .. ...  catching up with emails and with new wedding enquiries, ordering of materials and signing up to some of those lovely new suppliers I met.

I can't believe that March is peeking it's nose round the corner already!!!!

Eeeek!!!

Hopefully one day soon there will be a picture of a card here for me to share .. .. but for now I will have to love and leave you and say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to cast a vote my way .. .. you are very kind to this very random blogger!!


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a really fun and interesting time Hun. You were definitely worthy to be on the papercrafter of the year list. You are more talented than you realise. Take care dearie. Hugs xx

Aquarius said...

Good to see you back in blogland after your exciting weekend away - sounds wonderful.

cotnob said...

It's lovely to hear from you Jules, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - I'm glad that you are managing to 'play as hard as you work'.
I hope you have managed to catch up with your admin and managed some crafty time.
Pauline
x

Barb said...

It sounds as if you,ve been having an exciting time July's and you really sound fired up with ideas. Well done for being included in the shortlist. That really is very special. Good luck with your upcoming Wedding Fayre. I Don, t know how you manage to keep on top of it all. Enjoy the rest of your week. Barbxx

Sarah said...

It's always lovely to hear what you have been up to and this post is really exciting to read. Sounds like you have had a wonderful, and well deserved time away. xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great to catch up with your news , you have an exciting and busy craft life .
Good lucky for all your future ventures . jane x

scrappymo! said...

How wonderful to see your name on that list. You are so talented and earned every right to be there.
Congratulations!